Friday’s Feisty, Fabulous, and Fierce Female (#2) – July 18, 2014
Friday’s Feisty, Fabulous, and Fierce Female is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Kristin of Romance Bound. Anyone can participate! To play along:
- Grab any of your favorite books.
- Choose a female character whom you think is a feisty, fabulous, and fierce woman.
- Describe the reason why you think she is feisty, fabulous, and fierce.
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists.
- Share a link to your own Friday’s Feisty, Fabulous, and Fierce Female in the Comments and I’ll be checking it out!
This week’s Feisty, Fabulous, and Fierce Female is Lillian Bowman of It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers #2) by Lisa Kleypas
Most of the historical romance female characters possess these qualities but Lilian Bowman, I guess, has it all. She’s not that beautiful according to the author but she has the fierceness that will make every royal man in London bow on her. In the book, Ms. Lisa described her as a woman with stubbornness. A daughter of a rich businessman in America, she was expected to behave in a womanly way. That means, she has to stay modest, shy, sweet, and with good manners to the ton. But what she did in the book were the opposite. Instead, she was seen doing horseback riding, playing boyish sports, and even joining men’s conversations at balls– which at first, didn’t please her love interest Marcus, Lord Westcliff. But don’t you know that being feisty, fabulous, and fierce in her own way eventually took the heart of Marcus? That’s the perfect thing about this heroine. 🙂
Now share your thoughts and bring out your favorite favorite Feisty, Fabulous, and Fierce Female character! 🙂