Liebster Award Nomination
I would like to thank my dear friend, a very sweet and awesome blogger and bookstagrammer JM from Bookfreak Revelations for including me in his top 11 choices for this awesomesauce Liebster Award! Make sure to check his blog, guys! 😀 Now I am doing this and nominating some of the amazing blogs I’ve come across with. If you’re nominated and if you accept the award, feel free to do these rules:
The 11 Questions that JM gave me:
1. What book got you into reading?
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. 🙂
2. What’s your favorite contemporary novel?
There are a lot, but I’d go with The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay. 🙂
3. If you were to be invited by an author to a private meet & greet, who would it be and why?
Jeez! Can I please have Cassie Clare? I highly look up to her. For me, she’s a hero. Because of her and The Mortal Instruments series, I fell in love with fantasy books. She’s a real talent and I’d like to get to know her more and get lost in her imagination!
4. What book is it that you hate that a lot of people seem to love?
The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutroski. The hype is crazy but I didn’t find myself enthralled with it. I don’t necessarily hate it though. 🙂
5. If you’re stranded on a dessert island and can only bring 3 books, what books would it be and why?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling – I haven’t read the entire series of HP and being stranded on a desert with an HP will be a perfect thing.
The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines – Who doesn’t want to be on a desert with a summery read– and with hot fictional boys? *wink*
The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han – I think it’s a perfect book to re-read on a desert island. The theme and the feels are just everything you need when you’re stuck up on a beach. 🙂
6. If you’re to give your non-bibliophile friend a book, what would it be and why?
My non-bibliophile friends (most of them) love a sexy read. Lol. They love my previous recommendation Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James so I prolly recommend the same genre to them. Hmmm. Maybe Colleen Hoover’s books? Ugly Love and Confess for sure!
7. If you’re given the chance to resurrect one (dead) fictional character, who would it be and why?
It will be a spoiler so I think I’ll just keep my mouth shut. Teehee!
8. How do you usually handle spoilers?
I freak out. I get crazy. I curse. I cry! T.T
9. Do you prefer books in hardcover, paperback, or ebook format? Why?
I love all the formats. But if I’m a billionaire, I would love all my books to be hardbacks, but that’s wishful thinking. Lol
10. If you could recommend a fantasy book to a reader who’s not a big fan of fantasy, what book would it be and why?
Can I have three? Definitely Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I was a not a fan of fantasy books before but these books made me love the genre, so I believe a non-fantasy-book-lover will also feel the same when they read these books.
11. What are your most anticipated reads of 2015?
There’s only one for now. Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines. 🙂
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I always wear eyeglasses and it sucks.
2. I am an Orlando Bloom obsessed fan.
3. I am a pasta lover.
4. I love New Adult books.
5. I don’t know how to swim.
6. I am a trying-hard cook.
7. I usually sleep at 10PM and wake up at 4AM.
8. I am a Registered Nurse.
9. I haven’t slept for how many days after I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose.
10. I love spa and music therapy.
11. Books, blogs, Instagram, twitter – I will always thank these social media sites! 😀
My 11 Nominees for the Liebster Award are:
1. Aira from Aira Reads
2. Lissa from Joys of Bookworms
3. Alexis from Check My Books
4. Bea from Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
5. Erika from Erika.Reads
6. Angel from The Bookish Angel
7. Ayesha and Monisah from TwinTurnPages
8. Antonio from Maniac with Books
9. Nessa from Nessa’s World
10. Areli from Areli Reads
11. Emalie from Book Gatherer
My 11 Questions for the Nominees:
1. Name a fictional character that you can relate to. Why?
2. What’s your favorite contemporary read this year?
3. Favorite fantasy read this year?
4. Who are your top three book boyfriends/girlfriends?
5. Name a book that you wish would turn out into a movie. Why?
6. Favorite villain?
7. Favorite reading nook?
8. What book got you into a reading slump? And why?
9. What genre do you consider an out-of-your-comfort-zone? Why?
10. Name a book that you regret buying/reading. Why?
11. If you’ll be asked to recommend 3 stand-alone books to your non-bookworm friends, what books will it be and why?